Saturday, May 01, 2010

And We're Off...

Ready, Set, Go.

I'm excited about getting this blog up and running again. In the next couple of days I will be introducing a new look, a clean slate to start over with. I will also be posting at least once a day for a month so that I can get back into the habit.

First Fig is going to be a little different from here on out. Yes, I will still be providing my insightful commentary on all things feminist and Mormon but I will also be including more mundane things as well. I'm hopeful that in broadening my scope this blog will be a much more enjoyable place for all of us.

So, let's get things started.

Have you heard about Mormon May Day?

Here's the idea:
As moderate, liberal or radical Mormons, it is time to make our voices heard WITHIN Mormonism...guided by the spirit, liberal and radical interpretations of the Gospel and scriptures are just as valid as those made by Conservatives.
This group proposes that those of us who fall in the spectrum of moderate, liberal or radical Mormons participate in May Day activities. Where I live in Denver, there was a march to demand sensible and humane immigration legislation from our elected leaders. Unfortunately we weren't able to participate but I did drive by and honk my horn in solidarity.

mr. mraynes and I will be participating tomorrow in a fast for "for those who are working all over the world to advance the causes of the Gospel, social justice, environmental sustainability and fighting the root causes of poverty." Perhaps this is something you would like to do as well.

Starting this blog again is a sign for my new optimism for the future. There are exciting things afoot and I'm glad you guys are along for the ride with me.

Oh, and Happy Derby Day!


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to see your blog up and running again. I've been meaning to pay more attention to mine too... maybe this will inspire me to write a new post (or maybe I just want to procrastinate studying for my FOUR midterms this week! Aren't you excited to go back to school?).

    ReplyDelete